The Bradford's

The Bradford's

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My Fears are Washed Away

Praise is rising, eyes are turning to You, we turn to You
Hope is stirring, hearts are yearning for You, we long for You
'Cause when we see You, we find strength to face the day
In Your Presence all our fears are washed away, washed away

Hosanna, hosanna
You are the God Who saves us, worthy of all our praises
Hosanna, hosanna
Come have Your way among us
We welcome You here, Lord Jesus

I heard this song a few weeks ago during our praise and worship time at church and the words jumped off the screen at me! 

"In Your Presence all our fears are washed away, washed away."

Hosanna, my Jesus, my Savior takes my fears away!  I would not have been able to get through this journey without my faith in the God Almighty!  Hundreds of people prayed for me and my family and we felt every prayer.

Through our journey, I felt frustration and many times I worried about the happenings of the moment.  One thing I never feared was that my little girl would not make it and that our story would not have a happy ending.  I knew I had been blessed with a pregnancy and that God was in control.  I know that at times my family and friends were panicking and fearing the worst.  I completely understand why but through their prayers and through my faith of walking with Jesus, He took my fears away.  He comforted me and took care of me.  Our God is AMAZING!!  If you don't believe in God or miracles, just look at the miracles happening all around you including the miracle given to me in my daughter.

One thing I did fear at times was the fact that I had not really bonded with my daughter in the first 24 hours of life.  I felt like I had abandoned her but God calmed my heart.  The next day things were looking up.  They discontinued the magnesium, I was feeling better, and my body was working again.  The pain of my cesarean was so minimal.  Much more controlled than my first one.  God was taking care of me!

He then granted me another gift.  I went to see my little girl (who had already graduated from the level 1 room to level 3--a very good thing!)  The nurse immediately asked me......

Do you want to hold her?

With eyes filled with surprise and gratitude, I responded.....

I would LOVE to!

The nurse wrapped Ella up tight and placed her in my arms.  She snuggled in where she belonged.  Held tight by her mommy, we fit together perfectly, like the last piece of the puzzle.

My fears of her not knowing me had been washed away!


No comments:

Post a Comment