September 4, 2009
Kelley is spending the night at Methodist due to some unruly labs, swelling, and bp's this morning. Hopefully just a 24 hour stay. So far things are going well. Keep praying that Baby Ella gets to cook a bit longer before making her debut!
Mom and I headed to Dr. E's office excited to get a good look at Miss Ella. Things had been going EXTREMELY well but I knew it had been about two weeks since the medication switch and I could tell my ankles were beginning to swell. It didn't surprise me to have a slightly elevated blood pressure but then the news kept going down hill. The protein in my urine had increased and Dr. E said he wanted to call my OB and talk with him about a short hospital admission to run further tests. I looked at my mom and said "He doesn't need to call Dr. Jack because he will totally agree I need to go." We sat and waited in the same little room we sat prior to our amnio. I had forgotten my phone and moms phone was dying. I was admitted right away to Methodist. Dr. Jack greeted me within minutes. He was going to be going out of town.....but he would get an update and for now he told me to BEHAVE!
September 5, 2009
Here's the scoop today..........Staying another night in the hospital mostly due to the fact that they can't get the 24 hour "collection" results until tomorrow, a few bp spikes, and my doctor is out of town and the on call doc is not familiar with me and wants to see how it goes throughout today. We are at Methodist 533 if you are hunting us down. :)
September 6, 2009
Night went fine. Pressures still want to be consistently elevated. Not horribly high but higher than they were all week at home. They upped meds yesterday though so that should help. My evening monitoring had everyone shocked with consistent contractions for two hours every three to six minutes. I couldn't feel them and they had not stopped but the last two checks have not shown more than one so who knows what was up with that. :) Doc should be in sometime in the next half hour. I will post when I know something.
Kelley is staying in the hospital until at least Tuesday. The normal docs will be back then and they can make the long term decisions. Blood work and bp's have stabled but the protein has increased. Thanks for all your well wishes, prayers, and comments. I enjoy reading and hearing from all of you!
The next few days went pretty much the same. Inconsistent blood pressures but they got better over the weekend. The on call doctor didn't want to make any decisions so we waited. The nurses and staff were incredibly nice and I felt very comfortable where I was. Lots of family and friends visited and I was very thankful for that. My mom and Robin went to the house to set up Ella's room. I had the stuff but nothing was set up. They went to town and did a great job. Here is one exciting thing going in Ella's room made by Sondra!

September 8, 2009
Things continue to be well here at the hospital. Blood work is still good. Both docs can go either way as to whether to go home or stay here but we didn't make a decision today. Staying the night again tonight, running some more labs and then having a chat with doctor in the morning. We will see. Just want to do what is best for all! :)
I had a really hard time on this date. Things were going really well. The specialist said he thought I could go home but if I felt better staying then to stay. I didn't know what to do....
Do I got home while I have the chance?
Will I just be right back?
What if I make the wrong decision??
I couldn't be the one to decide. My nurse, who was a blessing sent straight from heaven, could tell I was upset. She called Dr. Jack who said for me to stay put for one more night and we would "chat" in the morning. My nurse said she was sure he would send me home in the morning.
30 weeks and 6 days..............yes each day was starting to count!
No comments:
Post a Comment