The Bradford's

The Bradford's

Friday, January 28, 2011

Not the Best Combination

July 24, 2009
Kelley is spending a few days on bed rest. Darn blood pressure. Hopefully a few days of rest will do for now otherwise I am calling you all to my classroom to help get it all ready while I lay in the middle. :)

Pregnancy and Me...

Not the best of combinations......This statement makes me sad overall.  There are a couple things I have dreamed about my whole life---becoming a teacher, getting married, and having children.  I have wanted to be a mom for as long as I can remember!!  From carting around my baby dolls so long that I had to have a real stroller to push them in as the toy ones were too small.  It is such an amazing blessing to have two children in my life.  I thank God for them every day!!  I just wish it wasn't so hard to get them here sometimes.

With Connor, I had a fairly healthy pregnancy.  I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes and was able to control it with diet.  I spent the last six weeks of my pregnancy on bed rest due to some high blood pressures.  A few days before my official due date I delivered a healthy little boy via c-section.  He was 6 pounds, 15 ounces and 19 1/2 inches long.  He was one of the biggest surprises in my life but he was also one of the biggest blessings of my life!

I had faith that the second time around things would be better.  Expecting the same possibilities as the last time but hoping for no bed rest.  Life seemed a lot less stressful and I was taking great care of myself.  Checking my blood sugars and eating the gestational diabetes diet.....baby looked good and I was looking good too!

23 weeks.................Yes 23 weeks into my pregnancy I went on vacation to Colorado.  While I was there my ankles and legs swelled horribly.  I had faith that I just needed to get off my feet and out of the mountains.  It had to the mountains, right?  It was much too early to be worrying about these things.  Things seemed better even in the car ride home.  I rested and headed to the doctor for a regular appointment where my doctor gave me strict orders to go on bed rest for one week.

huh?  what?  Really it isn't a big deal.

But yes it was a big deal.

I was 24 weeks pregnant and my blood pressure was going up, I was swelling, and there were traces of protein in my urine.  24 weeks----- but I still had 16 weeks to go!  The nursery isn't ready!  My classroom isn't even close to being ready!  It was too early!

No comments:

Post a Comment