The Bradford's

The Bradford's

Saturday, January 22, 2011

A BIG BROTHER!!!

April 12, 2009
Kelley's not so little boy Connor is going to be a BIG BROTHER and he is very excited!!
 
We told Connor on Easter morning that he was going to be a big brother.  We had waited about a month to pull off the surprise.  The grandparents, our siblings, and close friends already knew but we were excited to make the official announcement.  I had hidden a puzzle piece in each of Connor's Easter eggs and when he put the puzzle together it said "I am going to be a Big Brother!"
 





We were all so thrilled with the news!  Jeff and I found out I was pregnant quite by accident and our story was already full of God's timing and not the timing of modern medicine.  We had just started officially trying.  My OB (Dr. Jack) wanted me to record temperatures and information as my body doesn't always operate on schedule.  Four weeks had gone by and I went it to see Dr. Jack.  He said that I was not ovulating and that I was probably going to need some kind of "help" in getting pregnant.  More than likely taking a hormone fertility drug.  He wanted me to see the specialist that I had seen when I was pregnant with Connor first to run a test to ensure that I did not have diabetes.  I had gestational diabetes with Connor and he wanted to rule out that I didn't have it currently.  Almost two weeks later I went to see Dr. Egley, a perinatologist.  They ran the test which came back negative for diabetes but Dr. Egley wanted me to come back the next week to go over the gestational diabetes diet.  He thought it would be good for me to start following it now so when I became pregnant it would be a smooth transition as the likely hood of me having gestational diabetes again was very high.  Over the weekend before I went back I decided to take a pregnancy test.  It had been six weeks and I just wanted to make sure.  Mind you I had just been at the doctor the day before and he was looking at my chart and explaining the need for me to take fertility meds.  I took the test...

SHOCK!  JOY!  HAPPINESS!!!!

I came out and said "Jeff.....it is positive!"  He didn't believe me.  We had just been told it wasn't going to happen!  What a wonderful surprise!!  Our dreams were coming true!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment